Monday, February 23, 2009

Another Challenge - #3: GVRL

I have always enjoyed using GVRL because it is fast and simple. And I think I'm rediscovering it even more now that I'm in a smaller branch. Having access to this and all the other electronic databases helps me to be able to provide information to customers even if the physical book isn't on our shelves. And the tip for comparing both the print and the online version of VideoHound was great! I'm definitely going to use that as an example to show customers that the articles they find in GVRL really do come from actual print materials. It is that visual affirmation that completely drives the point home.

The article that I focused on was "The Genre Film" from the History of the American Cinema. I think I still have Oscar buzz on the brain.

No comments: