Friday, October 30, 2009

BM Tech Challenge #7: Learning More About Outlook

The Outlook training course that I took was "File or Archive Your Email on Your Own Computer." I knew that those options were there in Outlook, but I never took advantage of them before. I was able to keep up with it when I worked at Brick. However, since becoming a branch manager, the amount of email that I receive is beginning to take on a mind of its own. It is a job in itself to constantly have to keep cleaning out the Inbox so you don't go over the space limit. Taking this Outlook course has opened my eyes to the beauty of auto-archiving and personal folders. The personal folders will probably be more my cup of tea for most items, but I think I am going to try using the auto-archiving for some things as well to see how I like it. I can't wait to put the steps that I learned in the course to good use. It will help me better organize my email, keep track of what I need longterm and get rid of the stuff that I'm hanging onto for no reason. Also, once I initially set up the folders and the archiving settings, keeping up with the emails won't feel like such a chore. I can't wait to start using the steps I learned about in the course.

No comments: