Friday, July 31, 2009

Challenge #5 - Newspaper Search

Searching for newspaper articles comes up a lot when helping customers. The majority of the time, for me anyway, it seems to revolve around finding obituaries. This can be a scavenger hunt in itself depending on how much information the customer can provide you (and whether or not it is accurate). I enjoy fishing around for info, though; the hunt is what makes it fun.

I recently used America's Newspapers to do a search on my old high school, just to see if anything new and exciting was happening there. I graduated from a small private high school in Binghamton, NY and now that my parents have moved away from there as well, I've been out of the loop. Most of the articles that I found were sports-related. However, I did find out that the school is planning on doing rennovations, which I would definitely say are a good thing. I'll have to keep digging for some better gossip!

No comments: