Friday, July 31, 2009

Challenge #6 - OCR Test Scan

This challenge was super quick and a lot of fun. I have used the OCR software on the PC Plus before, so I was familiar with the steps. The only strange thing that happened was that the page didn't scan once; it kept on scanning. I had walked away from the computer for a couple of minutes, and when I came back I realized that it had done 38 scans of the same page! I got it to stop and I deleted the extra pages, but I'm still unsure as to why that happened.

Anyway, once I had my one page, the editing was a breeze. No strange typos for me. The best part was editing it in Word. I think my creative writing background came in handy for this challenge! Good to be reminded that we have this software available for people want to scan something other than a picture. Though I do know from experience that it gets cranky with pages that are heavily formatted, like a resume. But mostly it is a useful software to have around.

No comments: